If you follow me in Instagram, probably you already know what’s my favorite eyeshadow palette in 2016. So without further due, let’s get into it
1. Kat Von D – Chrysalis Palette
Can be found at Kat Von D website at $ 46
If you’re lucky, I found this palette at Marshalls for $19.99
Girl, look at those colors. Yes, I am a sucker for blue and purple shadow because those two are just so easy to wear and match me the best (in my opinion). So here is my opinion about this palette
- Pigmentation is excellent. You can get the color just like what you see on the pan. Using eyeshadow base will make the color pops even more.
- Very soft, smooth, and buttery on the texture
- Very easy to blend
- Almost no fall out even though it’s so soft
- Last for a good 4-6 hours without creasing
2. Anastasia Beverly Hills – Modern Renaissance Palette
This is a palette that I never thought I would like at all. I’m a neutral, cool tone eyeshadow lover so it’s so rare if not almost never you see me with red, pink, orange color on my eye. Dark bronze and rose gold are the warmest I can go. My opinion for this palette is the same with the Chrysalis palette in terms of pigmentation, texture, blendability, and no creasing. However there is a little difference in the Modern Renaissance palette in terms of fall out, this palette is so soft and you can get a lot of kick up from the pan so you do have to tap the brush before applying it to the eyes. My suggestion is to use very light hand in picking up the colors in this palette.
Final words :
- These two are my favorite, and if people ask what will I recommend as a must have eyeshadow palette, I will say this two will make you have more than enough eyeshadow color to create various look from neutral, cool, warm, smokey, rosy, feminine or even grungy and gothic look.
- Do you need these two palettes as your collection? I will definitely say yes, cause they are very unique and their color combination can be hardly found in other palette.
- Do these palettes worth the price? For me, yes. I got the Kat Von D at Marshalls for $20. With this kind of high quality that you get in both palettes they are both definitely worth the price. And to be honest, ever since I get them I always compare other palettes to these in every aspects
Palette Recommendation or Alternative?
For the Chrysalis, I haven’t found any other palette that has the same color combination. Maybe Urban Decay Smoky, but the UD color is darker and it’s more in the shimmery finish while the Kat Von D is in matte to sheer shimmer finish.
For the Modern Renaissance, there are more alternatives such as Huda Beauty or Natasha Denona which are more in the high-end alley, as for the drugstore probably morphe 35F.