Hope y’all have a great weekend.
Today I want to talk about my favorite concealer, cause God forbid you stay up, party all night on weekend and Bam! dark circle on Monday morning..Not cool!
Both concealers that works very well for me here are high-end, cruelty free and vegan.
Until now I haven’t found the drugstore products that works as well as these two. Yes I have and do use drugstore product too, Maybelline Fitme and Rimmel concealer and highlighter. Are they good? Yes, but isn’t as good as the one that I’m talking about here. In terms of coverage, application, both of the drugstore product I’m currently having and using aren’t so effective to tackle my dark circle.
So, what’s my favorite favorite concealer? Do you think you know what are they?
Drum roll please….
1. Kat Von D Lock It Concealer Creme
Texture : It’s a cream concealer but very very very highly pigmented. Well, it’s a development formula of the old Lock It Tattoo concealer that was intended to cover tattoo so no wonder it’s very pigmented.
Coverage : Full buildable coverage.
Claim : instant one coat coverage, lightweight and comfortable, 24-hour wear, brighten under-eyes, cover blemishes, correct discoloration, neutralize redness, contour and highlight
Shades available : 21. 20 shades of skin tone and a pure white shade. I don’t personally have the white one but I tried my friend’s for eyeshadow base and it does a pretty good job.
Application : I feel that Lock It Concealer works best with beauty sponge or finger application, it looks smoother than with brush application.
Why I love this better :
- This concealer fulfill all its claim, except the 24–hours wear cause I never put on my makeup for 24 hours but it does stay put for good 12 hours on me.
- It does only need one coat to cover everything! One swipe, blend it with sponge (my personal method of application) and you’re covered.
- I love the pointed teardrop applicator because I can apply it precisely to the inner corner of the eyes. Prefer this type of applicator than the regular doe foot one.
- The coverage is awesome, doesn’t budge, doesn’t crease even when I forgot to set it with powder. It’s very opaque even though the cream texture isn’t very thick and of course it’s not cakey at all.
- I don’t personally use this concealer for highlight and contouring but one thing I know, I don’t need to color correct under my eye to cover up my dark circle. The texture of the Lock It Concealer is more liquidy than the Tarte one that’s very thick but I have to say the pigmentation and coverage of KVD is better.
- I’m in the shade Light 11 – for neutral undertone.
Note : If you want even thicker coverage, choose the Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo Concealer. I never personally use it a whole lot, but I did compare it the first time I bought KVD concealer. The Tattoo concealer is much more dense and it’s very thick, almost like tooth paste consistency but it really does cover everything. I don’t really like it because it look kinda cakey and not blended well into the skin
2. Tarte Shape Tape
Texture: It’s a highly dense pigmented cream. The texture is thicker that Kat Von D one.
Coverage : Full coverage. Tarte Shape Tape isn’t as easy as Kat Von D one to work with. It’s very pigmented and you just need couple dots (not swipe) to get coverage. Because of its thicker texture, it tends to be cakey if you layer it up.
Claim : radiant coverage and contouring, instantly brighten and cover acne, dark circles and redness while softening the look of pores and fine lines
Shades available : 14. Tarte Shape Tape may not have as many shade as Kat Von D does, but the color range is quite wide, plus you can always mix some color to get the shade you want.
Application : Beauty sponge is the best applicator for this, because the sponge will help to absorb the excess product and somehow make it more flawless and less cakey.
My thought :
- This one also lifts up to all its claims except the softening look of pores and fine lines. It sinks to my fine lines if I only apply one swipe like I do with my Kat Von D. I get a better and smoother application using my finger, this is why I love my the KVD more
- The regular doe foot applicator is huge, so you get a lot of product when you pull it out of the container. Maybe this is why people say you only need a little of this product, cause basically it’s already bigger than a regular size concealer applicator. It doesn’t need to be set with powder either. My preference with this concealer is to only dust it with translucent powder a little bit, cause when I fully set it, it looks cakey
- It’s very pigmented, doesn’t budge, and stay put for long hours. It looks good for all day, but I notice a little creasing at the end of the day, which I don’t find from the Kat Von D.
- I’m in the shade Light Medium Honey, and my shade for Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Water foundation is also light medium honey.
Are these two the best concealer?
Maybe not for everyone, but for me they are.
Are there any better concealer than these two?
Probably yes, but I choose these because they work well for me and based on my need.
If you have other suggestions, please feel free to write me in the comment below, since I’m also still on the hunt to find a good drugstore concealer too.
Are these your favorite concealer too? If not, what’s your favorite concealer or what do you suggest?
Have a great week!