I would like to talk about something that’s kinda rare to be discussed in the beauty community. Probably because it’s kinda hard to explain and really depend on personal preference. So, here it is, the perfume time!
Few weeks ago, Scentbird very kindly sent me one of their perfume to try on. And for you who doesn’t have much time to read, here is the disclaimer: I LOVE IT. Love the smell, love the bottle.
For you who have more time, here is the details on this perfume by Scentbird
What is Scentbird?
If you are subscribed to ipsy, boxycharm, you won’t be a stranger for this kind of service. Scentbird is similar to them, but instead of getting several beauty products, you just get a perfume to try each month for $14.95.
Feel free to use my link to register here. The link is not affiliated, it’s just like other subscription box where you and me can get free perfume if you sign up using my link. If you’re not comfortable with that, feel free to go directly to Scentbird website directly at http://www.scentbird.com
Once you’re registered, you can choose these options:
- choose the perfume you wanna try for each month based on your preference or get the perfume based on the perfume of the month chosen by Scentbird
- you can also buy samples for other perfumes that you want to try with the (a la carte option) for $ 16.95 and some perfumes are available in the full size too.
Is it worth it?
Well, it depends on how much you like to spend on perfume. As a cost comparison:
The perfume for April is Mon Guerlain by Guerlain.
In Sephora, it retails for $66 for 1.0 flOZ/ 30ml which means it cost $2.2 per ml, meanwhile with Scentbird it costs $14.95 for 0.27 flOz/8ml which means it cost $1.8 per ml
What perfume can I choose?
Almost all designer brands perfumes you can try. Scentbird has a very wide range of perfume to choose. They have Issey Miyake, Burberry, Lancome, Gucci, Bvlgari, you name it.
If you look for suggestion, here are some of my favorite perfumes that’s available in Scentbird
- The Beat by Burberry
- Be Delicious by DKNY
- Mon Jasmin Noir by Bvlgari
Pro and Cons?
- you don’t have to splurge a huge amount of money to try on luxury perfumes. It has a very decent size, unlike the tiny sample from Sephora or Ulta.
- the bottle is very cool, compact and travel friendly. It’s a twist spray bottle that will be very unlikely to spill all over the place if you don’t close it properly.
- the bottle doesn’t contain the name of the perfume so it’s hard to know which one is which.
- The scent doesn’t last all day. The scent fades away quicker than regular sample. As a perfume and EDT lover, I think the perfume in the bottle is kinda soften, even compared to the tiny samples from the mall or other retail store. As the smell isn’t as strong, it won’t last long time (or at least 6 hours like I usually prefer for when I’m wearing a perfume normally). This one feel almost like body mist in consistency. Well, you can always re-apply it, even though it won’t make it last as 30 days supply 🙂
Who is this for?
Definitely it will be very suitable for you who like to experiment with perfumes and different scent.
For me personally, I have my preference on my perfume. So I will end up choosing the same perfumes over and over again. But it’s nice to have option to try other perfume once in a while.
What’s your favorite perfume? Let me know if you have certain favorite