Have you ever sit on your makeup vanity and wonder how do we end up with all those goodies there? How did it begin? When did it start to piling up? 😉 Well, I did.
While reorganizing my collection during my moving period last month, a random thought crossed my mind. If I have to start all over again, knowing what I know now about makeup, what will be my choice to start a makeup collection?
Here I create two kits based to start a simple, complete and pretty solid choice to begin your makeup journey. Or, if you just want to downsize your makeup collection (check out my downsizing post here) dMy kits here are created based on my skin condition and need. I have combo oily skin with big pores on my nose, sensitive, and hormonal acne during that time of our life, Girls, every month 😉
Let’s begin with the drugstore version, shall we
1.Nyx Angel Veil – 15.99
This is claimed to be the dupe of Hourglass Mineral Veil. For me, it’s not necessarily a dupe. The Nyx is a tad bit more slippy than the Hourglass one but the feel on the skin
2. Loreal Infallible Pro Matte Foundation – 12.99
This is my most preferred foundation that won’t make me look like grease ball for the longest time
3. Rimmel Stay Matter Pressed Powder – 5.49
Need I say more about this cult classic? Keep oil at bay at all time
4. Physician Formula Butter Bronzer – $ 14.99
Great smell, have a pretty neutral undertone, easy to build the pigmentation without going overboard
5. Nyx Sweet Cheek Blush Palette – $ 19.99
It has all the color choice of blush that you can think of
- Elf Contour palette, if you’re into detail contouring, if not the bronzer will do just fine
- Nyx Strobe of Genius, for the highlighter fans, you will get all tones of highlighter you need in one palette
6. Nyx Avant Pop Eyeshadow Palette – $16.99/ Colourpop Pressed Powder (singles option) – $ 5.00
I like the formula of these eyeshadow, very comparable to the high end one. Both, the palette and the singles are very easy to work with. Nix Prismatic eyeshadow is also another good choice for singles.
7. L’oreal Silkissime – 9.49 Pencil Eyeliner / Maybelline Master Precise – 8.49
The Silkissime is great for waterline (PS: Emily Noel APPROVED) and the Maybelline is great for that sharp wing
8. Lash Sensational Mascara/ L’oreal Carbon Black – 8.99
I love the curvy wand of the Lash Sensational and the dense of Loreal one for more volume and dramatic effect
PS: i think drugstore mascara are better than high end one, Maybelline has the best choice 😉
9. Maybelline Lipstick – 7.49
Maybelline has one of the best lipstick choice at the drugstore. Be it the type of lipstick (classic bullet or liquid), color, pigmentation and formula. If you’re a fan of liquid lipstick, Wet n Wild Catsuit is a great option. But if you’re picky like me, and doesn’t like the drying feel on the lips, L’oreal Infallible Lip Paints is a much more comfortable choice.
- Mario Badescu setting spray (rose) – 12.00
This spray works really well for skin prep, to set the makeup to make it stay put. Smells really good too. A recent choice that’s also really great is the Milani Make It Last setting spray.
Total : $ 124.41
Stay tune for the “more fancy” version of this minimalist makeup kit 😀